Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Jacked Up by Samantha Kane

Samantha Kane has been one of my favorite authors since I picked up the first Brother's In Arms books.  When she wrote the first Birmingham Rebel's series, I was skeptical.  I didn't know if I would like it because I HATE football.  I loved the characters in "Calling the Play".  When I was done, I couldn't wait for the next Rebel's book.  I wanted to know what characters got their HEA next.

"Jacked Up" is the story of linebacker Sam Taylor and defensive lineman King Ulupoka.  Sam served in the Army in Afghanistan and received some pretty nasty physical and emotional wounds.  King is a happy-go-lucky Samoan that is a hard-bodied, tattooed fantasy.  Underneath the tribal tats beats a heart of gold.

King is determined to bring Sam back to the world of the living, not just functioning.  They meet ER nurse Jane Foster at a fishing tournament.  King encourages Sam to bring her back to their hotel room.  Sam thinks he is so traumatized that he can't have sex without hurting his partner, so he asks King to sit in the room and watch.

King does not want to jeopardize his friendship with Sam so he is denying his attraction to Sam.  Watching Sam and Jane makes him realize that he wants more.

OMG!  I want Sam and King as my book boyfriends.  They are wonderful characters.  Both have a strength that makes them so wonderful.  Jane is so lucky!

While this novel is about Sam, King, and Jane, the supporting characters play an important part.  Sam's friend from his unit, Carmina, plays an important supporting character role.  All of the characters are people you would want to meet in the real world and talk to.

This is a MMF romance and it is wonderfully written.  There is a PLOT behind the book!

I will say that I received this ARC several months go and have read it several times since.

I want Carmina to get her HEA.  With Tom and Danny.  Please!!

I received an ARC of this book and am providing an honest review of this book without compensation from the author or the publisher.  (Thank you!)



No comments:

Post a Comment