Sunday, September 2, 2018

Lord of Vice by Erica Ridley

Maxwell Gideon has risen from poverty to run The Cloven Hoof, a gaming hell that he controls who can have a membership.  He has a silent partner that he wants to buy out but refuses to meet with him.

Byrony Grenville is the youngest daughter of a Baron.  Her mother's goal is for Byrony to be married by the end of the season.  Byrony a secret.  She has used her skills to invest in the ton's most infamous gambling parlor.  When Gideon wants to buy her out, she makes a secret visit to The Cloven Hoof to see if her investment is sound.  An unexpected meeting leads to temptation.  Can two people from opposite sides of society find true love?


I did not want to put this book down once I started reading.  I loved the characters.  Byrony was a smart heroine that met her match in Max.  I liked how Byrony didn't care about Max's background but fell in love with the strong man that is Max.  I hope Max's sister gets her own HEA.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC provided by NetGalley and the author.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment