Monday, December 25, 2017

Reckless Beat Box Set (Books 1 - 3) by Eden Summers

Blind Attraction

Alana Shelton had lead an extremely sheltered life.  She grew up in Colorado at a sanctuary for abused women and was home schooled.  She was with a friend she had known from when her mother lived in Richmond.  The friend, Kate, had won tickets to Reckless Beat's album launch concert.  Alana drew the attention of Mitchell Davies, lead guitar.  He arranges for a security guard to tell Alana that he wanted to meet her after the concert.  When the security guard is fired, the connection almost isn't made.  But, Mitch finds her as she is leaving the hotel and takes Alana and Kate to his suite.  That is when they encounter the security guard that causes an accident that leaves Kate temporarily blinded.  Mitch devotes himself to Alana because he feels guilty about the accident.

I subscribe to BookBub and this was one of the books listed in one of my daily emails.  Since it was free, I took a chance.  It was a 50/50 that the book was written in first person.  When I started reading, I was pleasantly surprised.  Then I was hooked.  I loved the bond between the members of the band.  The naughty banter was hilarious.  I also fell in love with the members of the band.  I almost wished I was young enough to be a groupie!  The only part of the story line that bothered me was how Alana meets her grandparents and later father.

Once I started reading the book, I could not put it down.  And after I finished reading, I immediately bought the others.


Passionate Addiction
Blake Kennedy has demons.  He is in a chat room on the internet when he meets the woman that will save him.  Gabrielle Smith first started chatting with Blake in the chat room then that grew to text, email and Skype.  However, they have only voice called, not video chatted, so Blake doesn't know what Gabi looks like. Reckless Beat is on the Australian leg of their tour and Blake takes advantage to go several days early to meet Gabi on her birthday.  They meet and the connection in instant.

Blake is the tortured bad boy of the band that went through addiction and recovery without the rest of the band knowing.  He is covered in tattoos and sex personified.  But, beneath that bad boy exterior is a good man with a soft heart.  Gabi knows all to well about addictions.  Her brother OD'd and later died on her birthday.  Her parents can't acknowledge her birthday and seem to have distanced themselves from their remaining child.

Again, this was another well written book from Eden Summers.  It just keeps building on the story started in "Blind Attraction".  Each book spotlights the main character, but with the other members of the band playing a large roll.  I loved the character of Blake.  He is a former man-whore that has found the woman that he needs to save him.  Gabi is a strong woman that isn't afraid to joke right back with the members of the band.

This was a book that I didn't put down until I was done.  I loved the banter between the band members.  It is classified as "erotica" but keeps a perfect, fine balance between being erotic and not overwhelming the plot.  And yes, there is a plot in this novel.


Reckless Weekend

Reckless Weekend is 2.5 in the "Reckless Beat" series.  It is written so there is a conclusion to Mitchell/Alana and Blake/Gabi's stories.  Reckless Weekend is the weekend in Vegas before Mitch and Alana's wedding.  There is a "honeymoon" contest between the bride and groom and a surprise HEA.  It also gives some foreshadowing for Ryan and Sean.  I loved the beauty salon scene with Sean and the Brazilian.  I am hoping that when his book comes, that Maree is his girl.

I liked how the author chose to do a 2.5 rather than allowing the couples in the first two books HEA to overshadow the other books.  The banter and sarcasm was great.  It is erotic without being overpowering.

I can't wait to see what happens with Ryan and Leah.


Undesired Lust

Two years ago, Sidney Higgins and two of the members of Reckless Beat, Mason Lynch and Sean Taiden had a wild encounter in a hotel room.  Mason vidoed it with his phone, then his apartment got broken into and the phone stolen.  When the video was uploaded to the internet, Sidney is the one that lost everything.  The record deal that she was about to sign was pulled.  People wouldn't record with her.  Now, two years later, Reckless Beat's manager, Leah, arranges for Sidney to write again with Mason.  However, this time, there is a crazy stalker trying to get at Sidney.

I read this book in a binge of the four (including 2.5) Reckless Beat books.  Each one maintains the same quality.  The characters are great.  There is a dynamic between the members of the band.  They are sarcastic yet still are friends.  I liked Sidney and Mason's story.  Sidney was one of the few people that could see the real Mason.  I loved that the mighty Mason finally met his match in Sidney.  

The heat level in the book is intense (I thought my iPad was going to melt) and compliments the plot.  Yes, there is a true plot.  I love how Leah and the other band members play a part in the book.  

Again, another great book.



No comments:

Post a Comment