Sunday, April 6, 2014

Desiring Lady Caro by Ella Quinn

"Desiring Lady Caro" is the fourth of "The Marriage Game" Series by Ella Quinn.  Lady Caroline Martindale fled England after her abusive marriage to live with her godmother in Venice.  She attracts the attention of a dangerous and spoiled Venetian marquis.  When most of his friends have gotten married, Gervais, Earl of Huntley, arrives in Venice to visit his aunt (Caro's godmother).  As the marquis starts to threaten Caro, Huntley steps up and devises a plan to save her.  They flee the palazzo in the middle of the night staying one step ahead of the marquis. 

This is the hardest review I have had to write.  I was thrilled when I got the ARC for it because of how much I loved "The Seduction of Lady Phoebe".  I started reading the first chapter or two but after they escaped from Venice, but found that the book kept plodding along.  So, I let it sit and read several other books, then picked it up again.  I even tried starting the book over.  I just couldn't get past the sheer obsession that the evil Venetian marquis had with Caro.  It was just too over the top.  Huntley and Caro get married and he still obsessed on how he was going to abduct Caro and abuse her.  I read for fun, not dark and gloom.  I just couldn't complete the book because of the dark plot.

I received this book as an ARC for an honest review from Net Galley.







No comments:

Post a Comment