Sunday, March 2, 2014

A Promise of More: The Disgraced Lords Series by Brownen Evans

I just loved this second book in "The Disgraced Lords" series.  I was hooked from the first chapter. 

The story revolves around Sebastian Hawkestone, Marquis of Coldhurst (one of the Libertine Scholars) and Beatrice Hennessey.  The story opens with Sebastian being propositioned by Douglas Hennessey, Baron Larkwell's mistress.  They are caught by Douglas and he challenges Sebastian to a duel.  When Douglas is killed, Sebastian leaves England on one of his ships. 

After four months, Sebastian has been pardoned.  But, Douglas Hennessey's family is still suffering and his sister, Beatrice, is going to make sure that Sebastian pays.  She meets his ship at the dock and is pushed off of the gangplank by the prostitutes waiting for the men.  Beatrice "blackmails" or guilts Sebastian into marrying her.

Through their adventures into solving the mystery of her brother's death, Sebastian and Beatrice find love.  We see them as well as the other Libertine Scholars start to piece together the mystery of who is attempting to destroy their lives.

I give it five out of five stars.

I received this book as an ARC from NetGalley.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for a lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed the book. I loved Beatrice. She is one of my favorite heroines.

    ReplyDelete