Saturday, September 5, 2015

Broken Play by Samantha Kane

Samantha Kane sets the bar for historical erotic romance and just set the new standard for contemporary erotic romance with Broken Play.

The Birmingham Rebels are the worst team in the NFL.  They are where players go when they are washed up.  Cass Zielinski is the center for the team and his best friend Beau Perez is the tight end.  Part of Cass's deal with the Rebels is Beau goes everywhere he goes.  He had pulled Beau out of his addiction and has supported Beau since.  As a pair, they are notorious for a sex tape that had gone viral.  As the captain of the team, Cass is determined to make the Rebels the best team in the league.

Marian Tredwell has made the jump from coaching college football to coaching in the NFL.  She is well aware of the sex tape and is finding it hard to be in the same room with Cass and Beau and the images from the tape playing in her head.  Marian has a scarred past herself along with a betrayal by her father.  Cass understands that there is something in her past that is troubling her, but he is taking things way too slow for Beau.  Once they get past her defences, the heat between the three of them is released.

I was thrilled to see that Samantha Kane had a new contemporary novel coming out but I was reluctant to pre-order at first because I am not a football fan.  I decided to order it and I am glad I took that chance.  I am now a Birmingham Rebels fan.  There were parts of the book that I read two or three times.  This isn't just a quickie erotic novel.  There is depth to the characters and their relationships with each other.

The next Birmingham Rebels book is about Tyler, one of my favorite supporting characters.  I am waiting for Donnie's book because there are questions about Marian's father that I hope get answered.

If you liked this novel, check out the Brothers in Arms series.

No comments:

Post a Comment