Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Never Resist a Rake by Mia Marlowe

John Fitzhugh has recently learned that he is the heir to a marquessate and the family that ignored him for his entire life is now attempting to claim him.

Rebecca Kearsey is the daughter of a baron with a gambling problem that is quite destitute.  They are so low on the rungs of society's ladder that they can't reach the first rung.  Rebecca is kidnapped while in the market and John claims her as his prize when he wins a boxing match.  

I liked this novel as much as I liked the first in the series.  The characters are well written.  John's grandmother is hilarious.  When I was reading the novel, I was hearing Lady Violet (Downton Abbey) as her voice.  Rebecca is a sweet soul that needs a man like John.  I loved how Rebecca made John into a better person.  And, there is just enough intrigue to keep the novel flowing well.

I received this novel as an ARC from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for a honest review.



No comments:

Post a Comment