Monday, January 21, 2019

Scandalous Love by Brenda Joyce

Lady Nicole Bragg Shelton was an unconventional young lady.  Seven years ago, she left London in disgrace and has been at her family's country estate since then.  When Hadrian Braxton-Lowell, Duke of Clayborough purchases the neighboring estate, Nicole is invited to a masque in his honor.  Hadrian is shocked by Nicole's daring conduct and costume at the masque.  He finds he admires her fiery spirit and is determined to have her.

I first read this when it was published in 1992 and I know I re-read it numerous times.  Now, when I read it, I find it exhausting.   There is so many ups and dramatic, plunging lows in this book.  As an adult, I find Nichole's character bratty and not at all appealing.  Hadrian is just an ass.  I felt so bad for his mother Isobel.  One thing that irritated me was Nicole being called Lady Shelton.  That is her MOTHER.  Nicole would be referred to as Lady Nicole.













No comments:

Post a Comment