Wednesday, December 26, 2018

The Earl I Ruined by Scarlett Peckham

This is the second book in the Charlotte Street series.  I could not put the book down.

Lady Constance Stonewell writes a gossip column in secret exposing members of the ton.  She has accidentally ruined the Julian Haywood, Earl of Apthorp when he was counting on a piece of legislation to save his family from ruin.  Constance comes up with a plan that they stage a fake engagement to salvage his relationship.

Julian has secretly loved Constance for years.  Her column shattered his heart.  Julian reluctantly agrees to Constance's plan.  When Constance discovers that her fake fiancee is not "Lord Bore", she finds herself falling for Julian.


I loved this book as much as I did the first book in the series.  I liked that Constance was a strong heroine.  She wasn't afraid to be wild and didn't care about her reputation - the wilder the better.  Julian was the perfect match for her.  He had hidden depths that only Constance could bring out.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC provided by NetGalley and the publisher.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment