Sunday, April 16, 2017

SEAL Defender (Brothers in Arms #1) by Leslie North

Mark Rogers and his friends are former Navy SEALs.  They now run "Brothers-in-Arms" that is a boot camp style training for civilians.  Two of his former team members have committed suicide.  Mark is convinced that it is murder and is determined to get to the bottom of it.

Geneva Rios is a reporter that has come to Ortega, California to investigate the recent suicides among SEAL's .  This is a subject that is close to her heart. Her older brother was a SEAL that came home after a tour of duty and didn't get the help he needed and committed suicide.

This a short, romantic suspense novel.  It delivered the goods - suspense and hot sex.  I will admit that when I first picked up the book, I wasn't in the right frame to read it.  I put it down and let it simmer.  Once I picked it back up, I was hooked.  Yes, it is a short novel so the romance has to be instantaneous.  I did like that the characters were multi-cultural.

I received this ARC from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for a voluntary and honest review.  Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment