Friday, February 26, 2016

The Duke's Accidental Wife by Erica Ridley

The Duke of Ravenwood's life is orderly and he hides his desires for a marriage filled with love behind a cold mask.  Miss Katherine Ross is a wealthy socialite that is a patron of the arts that isn't afraid to create a scandal.  She doesn't want a husband or children.  Lady Amelia convinces Ravenwood to attend an auction at Katherine's museum.  When Ravenwood and Katherine are caught in what appears to be a compromising position by her cousin, they are forced to marry.  Can Ravenwood let Katherine into his life?

I have been waiting for Ravenwood to get his HEA since The Viscount's Christmas Temptation.  It was like an emotional roller coaster:  learning why Ravenwood was so cold and didn't like going out in society, why Katherine didn't want to have children.  When it was revealed that Katherine was reading Amelia's household journals so she could be the Duchess Ravenwood wanted, I was crying.  There were parts that I kept thinking "OK, this is it.  They will realize that they truly love each other." only to have another roadblock.

I hated when it ended because I wanted more.  I loved the character that Ravenwood was revealed to be.  I wanted HIM to get the HEA and have the family that was stolen from him.

I received this ARC from Erica Ridley via NetGalley.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment